Do you sometimes have so much to do you don't know where to start, get easily distracted or forget the important thing - everything seems urgent and it messes with your head?
Set your timer to 4 minutes and find a comfortable place and way to sit that you can maintain without distraction…
- Take a few long breaths in and sigh out to settle in your seat
- Close your eyes & bring your awareness to your own unique inner landscape. What’s the first thing you notice? Open your eyes to look at the next prompt…
- Bring your full attention to your breath - what do you notice about your breathing right now? give this at least 10 breaths to let your attention settle
- Move your attention to your body and do a quick scan through – what do you notice about this body in this moment. If your body wants to move – go ahead and follow its lead for a minute at most.
- Anywhere in your body calling for attention? Focus on that part of your body and breathe into it, what are you becoming aware of? Ask your body why its calling for your attention – what does it want you to know?
- Welcome whatever comes up, stay with what you notice for a little while – there’s no right or wrong, just be with what’s happening
- Stay tuned in – no need to use your mind to find any answers - simply notice and settle your attention there until...
- The timer goes off. Take a few long breaths, take your mind back over the last 4 minutes and use the last minute to reflect on -
- what was the most interesting or surprising thing that you noticed?
- Is there a way that you want to be today as a result of what you noticed?
- Thank your body for sharing this information with you
If you have some more time, be creative - write, draw, share it in some way - I’d love to hear how it goes! Or sign up for a workshop!
With joy and love, Judy Hirsh