Experience the rest of your life with restorative yoga, the supported poses and breathing practices that will help you heal the effects of chronic stress. In Relax and Renew, the first book exclusively devoted to this work, you'll find:
- in-depth guidance in Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana), the heart of restorative practice, as well as the Centering Breath.
- a general restorative sequence that explores backbends, an inverted posture, a twist, cooling forward bends, and a variation of Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana).
- sequences for busy days, including a fifteen-minute practice, yoga at your desk, and the Totally Invisible Relaxation.
- programs for back pain, headaches, insomnia, jet lag, and breathing problems. a special section for women during menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause.
- a guide to props: what they are, where they go, how to fold and roll blankets, and around-the-house alternatives.
- resources: where to find a yoga teacher, as well as recommended books, magazines, newsletters, audio programs, props, yoga vacations.
About the Author
Judith Lasater has taught yoga since 1971. She holds a doctorate in East-West psychology and is a physical therapist. Dr. Lasater is the president of the California Yoga Teachers Association and serves on the advisory boards of Yoga Journal and the Yoga Research and Education Center.
Her yoga training includes study with B. K. S. Iyengar in India and the United States. She teaches ongoing yoga classes and trains yoga teachers in kinesiology, yoga therapeutics, and the Yoga Sutra at the Iyengar Yoga Institute of San Francisco. In addition, she leads workshops and retreats throughout the United States and abroad.
Dr. Lasater writes extensively about yoga. Her feature articles, columns, and essays appear in numerous books, magazines, and anthologies. She is the author of Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, the first book devoted to the supported yoga poses and breathing techniques called restorative yoga.
Judith Lasater lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children.
- Paperback: 256 pages
- Publisher: Rodmell Press; 2nd Revised edition (24 Nov. 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1930485298
- ISBN-13: 978-1930485297
- Product Dimensions: 21.6 x 1.5 x 27.7 cm